Thursday, September 10, 2009

Diligence Checklist

This week we are reading the booklet, "How to Develop Diligence" put out by IBLP (Institute in Basic Life Principles). By the way, if you have never read one of their character booklets, I would really recommend doing so. You can order them at store.iblp.org Anyway... here is a checklist for diligence that I adapted out of the book.

--Get up early in the morning
--Make your bed as soon as you get up
--Adopt unpopular chores around the house
--Complete studies with enthusiasm
--Finish ever job you begin
--Do projects with brothers and sisters
--Work on ideas for home industry
--Let neighbors observe your diligence
--Find ways to serve those in need

Diligence is.....
welcoming each task as a special assignment from the Lord and using all my energies to accomplish it.

I hope you will join us in working on diligence in every task (large or small) and accepting it as an assignment from the Lord!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great thoughts! What a wonderful checklist, and I love that definition of diligence. Thanks for the post! :)

Blessings,
Lindsay

Regan Family Farm said...

Thanks for following my blog~hope you enjoy the journey of our family. I'll be borrowing the diligence booklet from some friends...looks like great material!
blessings~