Friday, October 23, 2009

Faithfulness

Isn't it great when God brings someone into your life to teach you a lesson just when you needed to hear it? That's what happened to me when I learned the lesson of faithfulness. I don't remember the exact experience, but I don't think I'll ever forget the lesson.

One morning someone asked me to find out some information for them. I said yes, but then pushed it to the back of my mind. I know that nothing bad would happen if I didn't do it (except for the person having to do it them self and realizing that I was not trustworthy!).

That afternoon I heard a message about faithfulness -- doing what you say you will do. Right away I realized that I was not being faithful in the small job I had been given. I quickly found out what the person needed to know (it wasn't even a hard task) and gave them the information. "Thanks for finding that out, Marissa." "You're welcome."...... yikes. I learned that lesson quickly!

There are lots more things that I could talk about having to do with faithfulness (it's a pretty big topic!), but I'll just leave that for you to think about right now.

Lamentations 3:23b
.....great is Your faithfulness.

In faithfulness to Him,
Marissa

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Fantastic post, Marissa. It was a great reminder for me to be faithful in the little...then I'll be faithful in the big:)

Blessings to you!
~Jenna~