Sunday, November 22, 2009

Self- Control

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Webster's Definition: restraint exercised over one's own impulses emotions, or desires.

I have a lot of trouble being self-controlled with my siblings. It's tempting to get angry with one of them for taking something of mine or pulling my hair, but this verse is a good one to remember:

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. You enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

It reminds me that Satan is just waiting to slip me up and make me yell at one of them. He would be more than happy to tempt me to do that, and it's hard not to let him, but although it's difficult at first, being self-controlled is something to practice, and it does get easier as you master that fruit of the spirit!


I hope you enjoyed our Fruit of the Spirit posts!
In Christ,
~A~


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great post, Andrea!! I really enjoyed this Fruit of the Spirit series that you and Marissa did. Your posts were all wonderful. :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Unknown said...

Thank you both for the wonderful reminders! I like the "new" look for your blog =)

Emily