Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions anyone?

I think something might be wrong with me! As I finally sat down today to put together a New Year's Resolution's list, I could hardly think of one resolution. Normally I'm quite the list-maker. I enjoy setting goals for myself... but this year I just can't do it.

As I looked back on my 2010 resolutions, I had to realize how much has changed since then. I had no idea what God had in store at the beginning of the year. He has been SO faithful.

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do this year. Should I go to college? Maybe I should be homeschooled another year... possibly both? There are so many things I'm uncertain of! It's then that I have to remind myself, "God has NEVER let me down. He's always been in control. For 17 years God's been nothing but faithful to me. Why would He stop now?"

This holiday season has been one of the best, most fun ever. Still, I've been realizing lately that the joy I have had recently doesn't come because it's Christmas or New Year's. Although these have been great days, I've realized that my whole year, my life, is incredible. Joy isn't something that comes with the holiday. Joy is something that creeps up on you slowly and increases each day. Joy is a way of living. Joy is Jesus Christ.

Well, I realize that these paragraphs don't have much to do with each other.... they're all just some things that have been going through my mind lately. :)

As we start into 2011, I'm expecting and knowing that God's going to do amazing things. He has plans greater than we could ever imagine!

When we live for Jesus, every moment of life is more exciting!

~Love. Joy. Jesus.~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This year I decided not to do resolutions necessarily, but to make them something like prayers/desires....because like you I tend to set a lot of goals, but I have to remember that we can do nothing without Christ.
So I know what you're talking about :)
This year I want to find more joy in the Lord and delight myself in Him. (Of course, I also want the blessings to follow :)