Saturday, July 18, 2009

"...But overcome evil with good."

I know everyone has a problem with temptation and Satan definitely has a way with tempting us to do evil. I get tempted often-many times a day. It's hard for me-just like everyone else- to resist this. I decided to pick a verse and meditate on it. I memorized it and made sure I would not forget it. It has helped me so much! Every time I get tempted, I can remember this verse and it is so much easier to overcome this temptation. Saying the verse that you pick out loud is a good idea too because Satan cannot stay in the presence of someone who is reciting scripture.

There are many verses that are wonderful but the one I chose is a very familiar verse:
Romans 12:21
"Do not be overcome be evil, but overcome evil with good."

I know this concept is very familiar, but I just think it's a good reminder.

Blessings,
Andrea



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hi Marissa and Andrea,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like yours. It's very encouraging! :)

Many Blessings,
Lindsay