Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nursing home

I think Andrea took this picture of Seth yesterday.
He looks just a tad bit confused....
"Why aren't you going the way I want you to?" :D

Today Andrea and I played for the open house of a nursing home near us. We did mostly violin/cello duets, and some harp also. We had fun, but found out that playing for three hours is a really long time! I'm pretty sure our backs and necks were thinking so, too. :D
We are hoping to get a more regular ministry started at this nursing home once it gets up and running. We've done some playing at nursing homes before, but we are hoping to get more of a program this time and maybe do some things other than music. Do any of you volunteer at nursing homes ever? If so, what kind of things do you do?
God bless,
Marissa

1 comment:

Jenna said...

When I was about ten years old, we would go to a local nursing home every week and sing hymns with the residents...then we moved, and have 3 more siblings, and it just isn't God's will for us to go back right now~

Blessings! I know how much those people enjoy the company! It is a great ministry and blessing to others:)

~Jenna