Tuesday, July 7, 2009

If they're breathing, they need Jesus

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Tonight we went with some friends to work at our local rescue mission. It was an awesome experience. We had never worked there before so we were excited to get the opportunity to help serve dinner to needy men.
Before we started, I prayed that I would be able to see through the eyes of Christ and view these men as Jesus would. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Would they be rough? Scary? Just how poor were they? I just hoped that I would be able to humbly serve as Jesus commands me to. I saw the above verse hanging on the wall a few minutes before they came in. That really helped me to get the right mindset.
From the moment they came in to the moment we left, all I saw were people who were created in the image of God and whom He loves. I am so glad that we got to serve and be the body of Christ.
Always remember that God loves EVERYONE and...
If they're breathing, they need Jesus. -Mark Cahill

God bless,
Marissa

No comments: