Friday, July 23, 2010

Poor blog...

Wow! I just realized that I haven't posted on here for a few weeks.
We've been insanely busy over here this month, but having lots of fun, too. :) 4-H projects have been overwhelming and that's been taking up a lot of time. We're learning SO much this year though. :)
This week we've been running constantly every day. Today we finally got a few hours of rest for which we are very thankful. I should probably post something of value rather than just write about us...

Well, this week God has really been showing us how much He is in control and how quickly things can change. We had an unexpected death of a much-loved elder in our church Saturday night. It was pretty shocking and we were just amazed at how quickly a life can be taken. We know that God is in control of every situation, though! It has been amazing this week to see the peace and love shown in his family (and whole family in Christ).

This morning I woke up and found out that our neighbor's house had been burned to the ground. It's completely gone. Fortunately everybody is safe and God really protected them. They seem to be doing well and are peaceful about the situation, though.

God is in control! Are you ready for whatever He may be bringing tomorrow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a couple pictures from earlier this week... just for fun. :)
In this midst of craziness... we've been having lots of fun this week. On Wednesday was our annual church picnic at the park, which was super fun! This week Elaina has been in a homeschool performing arts day camp, so we're going to see the final performance tonight. :) I'm sure that will be lots of fun! Just a glimpse of what's going on here.... :)





6 comments:

Shelby said...

your horse looks exactly like my friends. Is he/she an Appaloosa?

Unknown said...

So glad to hear from you, Marissa! Looks like you are all quite busy. How are you doing with the friendship afghan squares? Don't worry if you haven't made much progress, we still have some time. :-) Let me know how you're doing though! Blessings, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your neighbours are okay. God is good.

Rebekah said...

I love the photos!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marissa said...

Shelby: Yes, he is an appaloosa. Unfortunately he's not ours, though.

Eden: I can't say I've made much progress on the squares. They have to be done in October, right? I've kind of been putting it off until fair is over, but I WILL get them done!