Monday, January 25, 2010

God's list-not mine

Right now I am reading Elisabeth Elliot's book, Discipline: The Glad Surrender. Today I read a chapter about the discipline of time.

I am a list maker... I need to have goals to accomplish and love checking things off when they're completed! :) haha Often I don't get everything done and that tends to frustrate me sometimes. In fact, one of my new year's resolutions was to give time to people when they asked of me (especially family members). When people ask me to do things while I know I have a whole list of other things that need to be done, I can be annoyed.

This sentence really stood out to me:
"There will be time, depend on it, for everything God wants us to do."

This chapter also talks about God's list for our day. Instead of going to bed and thinking, "Did I get everything on my list accomplished?" I should think, "Did I get everything on God's list for me accomplished today?"

Just a thought.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)
~Marissa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am such a list maker too... I think my mom has that book, I should see. :-)

Emily

Stephanie said...

That's cool, Rissa. What a neat New Year's Resolution!

It's definitely tough to do... sometimes I find in my life that I ironically am focusing on something like a Bible study, posting a blog post about God, or reading my Bible and I get ANNOYED when someone's trying to talk to me, or ignore them (sometimes subconsciously). That happened to me tonight and I was like, wait. I'd better actually live out what I'm writing/reading about. haha. It was kind of eye-opening. :)