Saturday, January 23, 2010

Verse of the Year

The last few weeks I've been trying to pick a verse to think about and meditate on for the rest of this year. Of course I am hoping and planning by God's grace to hide lots more verses in my heart in the next 12 months, but I tried to narrow it down to one that could be my main verse for 2010.

I read this in December and had to stop and read it over. After a writing down quite a few wonderful verses and trying to narrow it down to the one the Lord really wanted me to think about, I decided this was it.

Psalm 105:4
Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.

Short, yes, but very challenging.

These last few days I have had a wonderful opportunity to obey this command. (Instead of me explaining it, you can just read the last post.) Yesterday morning I woke up and thought "This is a wonderful opportunity and I'm glad I get to do it, but this is going to be a long day... how am I going to get through 'till tonight?" Then I remembered this verse..... Look to His strength.... I realized that it didn't matter if I was tired, or didn't exactly want to play violin all day, or didn't feel like any more sitting! :) God's strength would be more than enough for me. Sure enough, it was. :) I ended up having a lot of fun yesterday, not being tired, and it seemed a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

God is able to make us strong because of His love and His amazing grace!

Blessings,
Marissa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marrisa,
I can't wait to see you today!!! I'm glad that you had fun at the All State Orchestra. See u ltr!!!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Good post, I love Andrea's new picture on the side bar, she is so pretty!