Saturday, March 27, 2010

He is faithful!

The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it.
I Thessalonians 5:24


Yesterday as I was getting more and more worried about my piano solo today, I sat down to do my quiet time. I've been reading this short book (I Thessalonians) every day for over two weeks now, but this verse really struck me yesterday.

I realized that this really didn't have much to do with me. The reason that I was doing this is for God's glory! This was something He called me to, so He was going to see it through! My only responsibility was to do the best I could and leave the rest up to Him.

Guess what? When I gave it up and simply trusted, God blessed incredibly! I must admit, there were plenty of moments when I was doubtful and started to turn to my own strength, but God used this experience to show me once again the He is in control!

As always, He did it! I'm so glad it's over , but more importantly I was reminded of a wonderful lesson.

Isn't it amazing that when we simply trust God, He works everything out according to His perfect plan?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great reminder. Actually I've been thinking about this a lot lately... I feel like I have not been witnessing for Him. I'm tempted to think "I can't do it" or "I won't have the right words" or "They won't take it well"... what a good reminder that it's not really me that does the work anyways. I just have to be a light and plant seeds, and the Lord works in people's hearts.