Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Matthew 5:44 Challenge-Love


Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...

Jenna at Feminine Farmgirl did this challenge in January, but.... I missed it so I decided to do it (along with the joy challenge, which I'll post about later) in February! Here's my end-of-the-month report!

I decided to make an effort to show love to my sister, Elaina, last month. I was pretty consistent with praying for her every day... although I might have missed a couple... oops. Anyway, I think she enjoyed doing this things together, and I really enjoyed working on investing in her life and taking time to do things with/for her! Here are the four things I did:

1. Spent time crocheting with just her.
2. She loves to sing, so we played some songs that we like and found different ways to sing them together.
3. We tried to make a dessert called Sweet Nothings together. We've made them before and they were super good, but they didn't turn out this time.... and we almost blew up the beaters (well... it was sparking anyway)! Oh well... we had fun making them!
4. I wrote her a note telling her the things I loved about her and they joy that she brings to our family. :)

I had a wonderful time doing this challenge and I think that YOU should try it, too (if you didn't already)! Doing things for other people is such a great way to get the focus off of yourself and think about what other people like.

Thank you, Jenna, for doing this challenge! You are such a blessing. :)

1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

~Marissa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is such a GREAT idea, Marissa! :)

I'm sure Elaina really appreciated it!!

haha... you almost blew up the beaters. :)