Saturday, February 6, 2010

Raising Maidens of Virtue

Dear Lord,
let my life be a reflection of Your mercy and goodness. Allow a lovely and gentle spirit to shine forth from me. Make my countenance properly express your holiness. Keep me from attempting to glorify myself and help me to instead glorify You in all that I do, wear, and proclaim. Take my life, Lord--do with it what You will, and make me content and joyful always and in everything. Amen.

~Stacy McDonald, Raising Maidens of Virtue


My sisters, mom and I started reading this book a few days ago for morning devotions. It's really good! We're not even halfway through it, but I would really recommend it for any of you who haven't read it yet! :)

Blessings,
Marissa

4 comments:

Kelsianne said...

Mom and I read this together and recently finished. It is an excellent book!
Blessings,
Kelsey

Jennifer R said...

Awesome blog girls! :)

Jenna said...

My dear momma has read it, but I haven't started - yet. I think that I will soon!!

Thank you for posting about it~
Love,
Jenna

Unknown said...

I LOVE that book! Mrs. Dufrin got it for me for my birthday... I read it front to back in a week! :-)

Emily