Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

So, I was flipping through the cookbook the other day, looking for something to make, and I came across this bread. My family loves making bread and I heard a big 'YES! Make that!!' when I suggested it, so I made it. I fudged a little bit on the recipe but it turned out to be some of the best bread I have ever made or tasted! So here's the recipe:

4-1/2 tsp. of yeast
1/3 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
1 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar, divided
6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1-1/2 tsp. salt
5-1/2 - 6 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, butter, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll up each rectangle from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down in two greased 9 in. by 5 in. by 3 in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yields 2 loaves.

Now we didn't have very much time yesterday so I only let it rise for 15 minutes all together. I didn't let it rise when it says to right before you bake it. It turned out beautiful! I let it rise for longer the next day (when I made it again ☺) and it wasn't as good or beautiful!
DON'T LET IT RISE THE WHOLE TIME!
:D
I would suggest 15-20 minutes. :D


God Bless,
-Andrea

No comments: