Friday, May 22, 2009

Living a life of surrender

Right now I am reading a book called Set-Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy. The biggest thing that I am learning and being convicted of in this book is that I am God's! My life is from Him and for Him. No second of my day is my own, it all belongs to God. Romans 12:1 says: Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. (Emphasis added.)
I am learning to get up each day with the attitude of, "How can I serve my King today?". There are lots of days when I wake up and think, "The list of things to do today is so long, how can I possibly get it all done?" Then I realize that my day is God's and He will give me the strength to get it done. Usually when I have this attitude, everything that needs to be done seems to get done much faster. I have learned that I need to first surrender my day to Him.
Also, we need to make it a priority to spend time with God each day before anything else. I know it is sometimes very hard to spend time with the Lord when there is so much to do. It can be very tempting to just "wait until later" to read your Bible, pray, and spend time alone with the Lord, but it needs to be done now. The very reason that we are living is for the Lord. How can we not spend time with Him before anything else?
Have a great day serving our King!
In Christ,
Marissa



No comments: